One of the things we get asked about a lot is how a deep clean differs from the standard clean we undertake for all home owners when a guest checks out.
A standard clean is very thorough, but it is important to complete at least two deep cleans per year per property. This isn’t solely for guest comfort. It also helps you to keep your property at tip-top condition and, in the long term, lower your maintenance bills. You can rest assured that your property is completely well maintained and it gives us a thorough opportunity to spot any issues which might need attention.
I do understand that some home owners prefer to do the deep cleans themselves when they visit their properties and we’re very happy to accommodate this. Ideally we’d like to move to a schedule whereby each property gets two deep cleans per year (probably in May and again in September, since these are often the quietest months).
However, I also know that it isn’t everyone’s idea of a good holiday to spend two days of it cleaning behind fridges and climbing up ladders to wipe the top of cupboards. It’s for this reason we offer the additional deep clean service.
Here’s what’s included in each type of clean – so you can understand the differences.
- Strip beds and wash linens
- Make each bed
- Wash all towels / tea towels etc
- Sweep and mop all hard floors
- Vacuum all carpets and rugs
- Wash crockery and put away
- Dust and polish to eye level
- Collect and dispose of trash
- Clean all bathrooms
- Clean the kitchen, including the fridge and oven
- Wipe all window ledges
- Wipe outside tables, move trash from pool desk, and rearrange pool furniture
- Wash all mattress protectors and pillow protectors
- Turn mattresses
- Pull out furniture, including beds, and clean behind/ underneath
- Pull out oven and fridge and thoroughly clean behind
- Wipe down and wash all paintwork, door frames, lights, fans, and blinds
- Clean sofa
- Professional clean all carpets and rugs*
- Dust to high level e.g. top of the kitchen cupboards
- Empty all cupboards, wash items and thoroughly clean inside cupboards
- Wash walls, removing any marks
- Wash ornaments, flower arrangements and greenery
*although we recommend you get all carpets and rugs cleaned at the time of a deep clean, the cost of professional carpet cleaning is not included in the cost of a deep clean – please request a personalized quote for your property.
We recommend that all home owners book at least two deep cleans per year with us. If you’d like to speak with us about arranging a cleaning schedule, please call me on 407-396-8839.